Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Thursday, April 05, 2007


This post may tend to be a bit of a vent....so prepare yourselves.


How much power are parent's giving their children. Does anyone else see that many parent's today are letting their children control them. I was watching the Today show the other morning as I was getting ready for work, and they were talking about cars, of all things. The topic was on how many car companies are trying to make certain cars to appeal to women, mostly moms. They interviewed a woman who had recently bought a minivan, and she actually made the comment that the children are the rulers of the household. She bought this certain van because it had the DVD player and each kid could have their own space, so that would make them happy.

Of course, I have no children, so maybe my story will be different when I do, but I have worked with families and I see a trend that parents have completely lost the meaning of discipline. They have used their TV for a babysitter, and so when the children cant sit still and behave once they go to school, then they shake their heads in bewilderment. It seems that parents are giving up too easily. I know that having a child is one of the most important and special things that can happen to a person, but I just think that some parents are not actually being the adults in the home. They are allowing the children to determine all things acceptable. I am very thankful for the discipline that I received growing up. I had consequences for my bad behavior as a child and teenager, and I am better because of it.

1 Comments:

At 5/04/2011 12:13 AM, Anonymous puppy chihuahuas for sale said...

I am very thankful for the discipline that I received growing up. I had consequences for my bad behavior as a child and teenager, and I am better because of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home