Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Red Panties and a cape


Ok, so Chris and I watched Superman Returns last night for the first time. I like Superman just as much as the next girl who really cares nothing about comic books, but I came upon a revelation last night. Now, for all of you Superman superfans out there, please take no offense to my revelation. As I was watching the movie last night, I noticed that of course Superman is portrayed as this wonderful Hero and everyone loves him and looks up to him. He has huge muscles and is stronger and faster than anyone could ever imagine to be themselves. But then I realized that this icon wears his underwear on the outside of his clothes. This made me laugh hysterically as I realized this. I shared my revelation with Chris and he didn't think it was too funny because he thought I was making fun of Superman, but I tried to explain that I wasnt making fun of him. I was simply amused at the irony of the fact that there are millions of people out there that adore a superhero who wears his undies on the outside of his clothes. If he was a normal human being, the only reason anyone would pay attention to him would be to make fun of him. Is there anyone else out there that thinks this is funny?

1 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 2:23 PM, Blogger Summer said...

I'm with you on this one Bonnie. I mean, I really like superman but I do think it's funny that the manliest man in the world is wearing a red spedo on the outside of his blue panty hose. Don't even get me started on why he needs the belt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home