Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

What is it going to take?

My recent posts have been very silly, so I am going to try and make this one a little more thoughtful. The picture below was taken this summer in St. Andrews, Scotland. The ruins that you see used to be what we would call today a “mega church”. All that is around and in it today is death. The walls are mostly gone and now it is just a tourist attraction of something that used to be great. As I was there, many people were relating what has happened to “the church” in England to what is happening to our churches today. Some people take it too far and get a little too drastic, but the lesson stands alone. What are we doing today to make sure that the gospel of Jesus Christ is spread to the lost and to make sure that our churches don’t end up like this church in Scotland. I know there is probably a story behind why the church is in ruins today, but how far away are we from something like this happening to our churches in America? We know for sure that there is death outside of our churches, but I can also see that there is death inside our churches as well. I heard someone say the other day that we have gone longer in our lifetime without having a great revival/awakening than in any other time in history. What is it going to take to have another awakening? What is required of us to make this happen?

Something to chew on……


1 Comments:

At 2/08/2005 11:22 PM, Blogger Sher said...

My heart cries out for the churches in England. There is so much cynicism and disdain for the truth. It’s sad that the land of our forefathers in the modern church has turned into a religious graveyard. I wish there were more workers being sent into the European/British areas to bring revival to those nations once again!

God…if you feel like sending me to London or St. Andrews (one of my favorite places in the world), please do! Or send me to New England, the Pacific Northwest, or somewhere that is in desperate need of your truth! Send me, send my friends, send someone! Save the dead churches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home