Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Cinderella Man



I know this movie is not new, but here is my review: I watched Cinderella Man this past Friday night on DVD. I thought it was a great movie! It was perfect for guys and girls, because it has the action that the guys love and it has the love story that the girls love. It was the perfect depiction of a man's love for his family (girl's perspective). I dont even know what the guy's perspective would be, but it made my eyes well up with tears a couple of times.

The basic premise of the movie is about this boxer who was hot stuff in his day, but then the Great Depressin happened and he turned into a "has been". When he was in his prime, he was livin' large in a nice house with plenty of money, but when the stock market crashed, he moved his family of five into a one bedroom basement apartment. The story is about him taking risks for the betterment of his family. Well, not only did his family benefit, but those who watched him fight benefitted as well because they felt like he was fighting for them. The people who came to watch him were the same type of people that he worked with every day at the loading docks, so he was the people's fighter.

I must say that Lauren is correct in saying that Renee Zellweger was meant to live in the 20's and 30's. We decided that she looks her best when she plays roles in this era.

So, women if you can stand the brutality of the fighting, and men if you can stand the sappy love scenes.....go rent this movie! It is worth it!

2 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Sher said...

I am so NOT a Russell Crowe fan, but I agree with you! Great movie! One both me and my brother could agree on watching together!

 
At 2/28/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Hey Babe,

That was a great movie wasn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home