Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Treasures

Have you ever lost something really precious to you? Something that maybe was a gift from a special person, or something you inherited, or maybe it was something you worked really hard to obtain. Well, this has happened to me several times, because lets face it....sometimes I am absent-minded (stop nodding your head dad!)

About two years ago, I started to save up my money because I wanted to buy a really nice digitial camera. I started putting a little money back each paycheck and then I was able to get quite a bit of $$ back from my tax returns. I was about to leave on a trip to go to England for three weeks and I knew that I wanted to make the best out of the trip and have lots of quality pictures to remember the trip by. One reason was because I went to England my Senior year of high school and I left my camera in the Gap in the city of Windsor!(does anyone see a pattern here?) So, I didnt have a lot of pictures from that trip. To buy this new camera, I went to several stores to try and understand how many pixels was best and what type of camera I wanted. Finally came the day when I bought the camera, and it has been one of most used purchases. I love taking pictures to capture moments.

Well, I realized on Friday that I could not find my camera!! Ahhhh, I was so distraught. I completely turned over everything in my apartment and in my car. No camera was to be found! I soon realized that the last time I had used it was on Super Bowl Sunday and we went out to eat at La Playa Maya that day after church. I knew I left it in the restaraunt, but it had been two weeks since I had been there, and I thought the camera was a goner for sure! But I couldnt get it out of my mind, so I decided to call the restaraunt and sure enough they still had my camera!! I was so surprised and so elated! I love my camera and I love sharing pictures with my friends on here and decorating my home with pictures. So, though this may be boring to you all, it was a major high for me yesterday and I had to share my excitement.

The picture below is the last picture that I took before I lost my camera. This is of me and Lauren on Super Bowl Sunday. Our church asked us to wear our favorite team's colors, so I have adopted Lauren into the Auburn fan club (much to the chagrin of Chris and Michael) and so here we are sporting Orange and Blue for good ole' Auburn!





p.s. I fell again on Sunday

4 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Robino said...

I can't tell you how much hope that gives me that you were able to get your camera back. I lost a pearl ring in highschool that has been in my family since before my great-grandmother and I don't know if I will ever feel better about that one, but like you said, I have developped a pattern in my life and the last thing I lost was Payne's mitten. He has one but not the other. So sad and it has been so cold. I have tried to find that mitten, but I have no idea where it could be. Anyhow, perhaps one day it will show up.

 
At 2/23/2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Madison said...

I am so glad you found your camera! I know how that feels.

 
At 2/23/2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found your camera! I hate it when I lose things that are so important. Once, I lost my paycheck for a whole week. Luckily the people wrote me another one. Whew!

 
At 2/23/2006 11:26 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Glad you had a good birthday and glad you found your camera! What a great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home