Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Infuriated

Ok, I am livid! I read an article on the Baptist press news that you can find by clicking here. This is an article about Al Mohler's interview on CNN in regards to the movie "Brokeback Mountain". Unfortunately, this movie has won at least one if not more Golden Globe awards. Dr. Mohler does an EXCELLENT job of standing up for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and proclaiming that this move is an abomination to what marriage was meant to be. I am infuriated with this movie, but what I am MORE infuriated with is that in the interview that Dr. Mohler did, there were also other panelists who were interviewed. One being Chad Allen who plays Nate Saint in the upcoming movie "End of the Spear". Nate Saint was a missionary who died alongside other missionaries so that lost people may have the opportunity and privilege to know Christ. Turns out that this actor who plays Nate Saint is gay! Ugghhhh! Here is an exerpt from the interview on CNN.....In response to Mohler, Allen, who plays Christian missionary Nate Saint in the upcoming movie “End of the Spear,” said his homosexuality is “a beautiful gift from god.”
Let me know what you think.....

7 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Allen said: “I judge all of my actions by my relationship with [the] god of my understanding,” Allen described his faith as: “It is a deep-founded, faith-based belief in god based upon the work that I’ve done growing up as a Catholic boy and then reaching out to Buddhist philosophy, to Hindu philosophy, to Native American beliefs and finally as I got through my course with addiction and alcoholism and finding a higher power that worked for me.”

This shows us that his god is a god of his creation, and is therefore at the control of his whims. We serve the true God, who created us, and is definitely not under our control. Allen's god listens to his fancy and kowtows to his demands. Yahweh makes the rules, and does not consider homosexuality a beautiful thing.

 
At 1/19/2006 11:11 PM, Blogger Robino said...

DaShadra, This is a very important topic you have broached here and I am so thankful for it. I missed the interview but read the excerpt that you provided and it is appalling. What I find even more important is the need for more Christian addiction recovery groups. The "god of my understanding" comes directly out of Alcoholics Anonymous as well as Narcotics Anonymous books. These people need OUR help rather than sending them off to groups who teach this kind of icky anti-gospel propaganda. Celebrate Recovery is supposed to be a Christian alternative, but there are still not enough groups out there. Thanks again for bringing this up.

 
At 1/20/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Thomas Winborn said...

This saddens me much...thank you for sharing DaShad...

 
At 1/20/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Sher said...

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8-9

The "god of my understanding"...Well since scripture says that the REAL God is so far above our understanding we have to know that he does not know that God we know. He needs to read a little more scripture and quit deriving "truth" from all of that bankrupt "theology" that he is studying.

 
At 1/20/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Sher said...

By the way...I am suppossed to go see End of the Spear tonight with friends. I just hope I can block this out when I am watching the movie.

 
At 1/21/2006 11:07 AM, Blogger RC said...

I have heard about this...I first ran across this on crosswalk.com yesterday...and then Sheri Ann had linked from her blog to yours.

Here's the link to the article from Albert Mohler's blog: http://www.crosswalk.com/news/weblogs/mohler/?adate=1/20/2006

This is a really thoughtful article that he wrote.

 
At 1/21/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Sher said...

I saw the movie, and it was fantastic. You can read about it on my blog! GO SEE IT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home