Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back to work

Alright, well, I am back from the holidays and we had a wonderful time, but for some reason my computer at work wont let me post any pictures and since I sit at a computer 8-9 hrs a day five days a week, it is highly unlikely that I will post some from my home computer. But let me give you a run down on my vacation.

I arrived at my dad's house in Chattanooga, TN at 2a.m. on Christmas Eve morning. I slept in a little, but I had to get up and wrap gifts that morning because the rest of my family was coming over at about 1:30pm to open gifts and have a Christmas meal together. We had a SPREAD of food! Thanks to my step-mother, we had anything and everything one would want to eat and lots leftover. On Sunday, we got up and went to Church to celebrate the birth of our Lord and then did what all people should do on Sunday afternoon, S-L-E-E-P!. I always, always take a Sunday afternoon nap. I am not talking about a cat nap, I am talking put my p.j.'s back on and get under the covers and sleep for a minimum of 3 hours. Ummm, it was wonderful! The next day my boyfriend Chris arrived on the mountain to stay with us for a few days. We had fun showing Chris all of the sites on the mountain and taking him down a very treacherous road that leads you off the mountain. Folks, they call this road the "W" road because that is how the road is shaped, it has three very sharp hairpin turns and it is scary I tell you! Then on Tuesday I had the pleasure of meeting the infamous Big D! That is right ladies and gentlemen, I have met the funniest man alive. We had a wonderful time eating BBQ at WayCrazy's on the mountain.

On Wednesday, Chris and I traveled to Gainesville, GA to meet his family. I had heard so much about them from Chris that I felt like I knew them already. It was a great time of getting to know one another and playing Batman and Star Wars with Patrick. His family fed me so well and gave me some really wonderful Christmas gifts! We both had a great time. I was able to see the wonderful sights of Chris' hometown and see the school where he used to teach. It was a great town and I am sure a wonderful place to grow up. We flew back to TX on Friday afternoon just in time to go to a wedding. Since then, we have been resting from our vacation. I am still tired and I am so looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday.

Thanks goes to both families for making our Christmas most enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home