Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Who is your pick?


Well, the World Series is well under way and it has been exciting to say the least thus far. If you haven't been able to watch any of the series, let me give you a brief rundown. In the second game, the Chi Sox were down 4-2, but then they loaded the bases and the next batter hit a grand slam, making the score 4-6 with the Chi Sox in the lead. It looked promising, but in the top of the 9th inning, there were two runners on base and a Houston player hit a double sending in two runs to tie the game at 6-6. I was sweating bullets! (not really) Anyway, in the bottom of the 9th inning, the Chi Sox came back to win the game with a solo homerun! So exciting! Then they had Monday night off because the next group of games were going to be in Houston. So, the Chi Sox were in the lead 2-0 for the series when they went to Minute Maid stadium in Houston, TX. The fans there are known to increase the decibels in the stadium with their cheers to the point of forcing the opposing team lose concentration and ultimately the game. The third game was no less exciting than the second. I had practicum, so I wasnt able to start watching the game until around the 8th inning. I believe that the Chi Sox were up but then Houston was fighting to come back. Houston tied the game and it ended up going through 14 innings with the final result of the Chi Sox over the Stros 7-5. I wanted to stay up and watch the game, but I was whipped, so I had to go to sleep and I am glad that I did because the game ended up lasting until 1:20am!! There was a total of 17 pitchers used in this game between the two teams! The Chi Sox are now 3-0 for the series and I read on Charter's website that no team has come back and won a World Series after being down 3-0. So, my pick now and from the beginning of the series is the Chicago White Sox!!

1 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 1:49 PM, Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Time to update it punkette!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home