Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Jacka-box


Does anybody know what a jack-a-box is?? Hum, well let me tell you. My totally funny boyfriend let me know what this was last night. So, we are sitting on the couch watching TV while we should be studying and Chris has a cup in his hands that is filled with ice, which of course makes the cup…..yep, you guessed it…..cold. So, I am sitting Indian style on the couch as usual and sometimes Chris likes to put the cold cup on my feet because it makes me jump. So, he proceeds to try and do this, but I have cat-like reflexes, so I block his attempts. Well, we go back to watching TV. Over in the corner is an empty box. This is no ordinary box, this is the huge box of the cereal frosted mini-wheats. We had gone to Sam’s a couple of weekends ago and I purchased this double the normal size box of mini-wheats because I honestly just love cereal. So, Chris proceeds to look at the box and tell me that I need to make the box into a Jacka-box. So, I then ask him what a Jacka-box is and he tells me that I can cover it in orange paper and cut out a face in it and then put a candle in it and put on it on my porch. I thought he was being completely serious, so I told him (in the nicest way that I could) that I don’t believe in decorating for Halloween. Well, then he went on to talk more about the box!! I couldn’t believe it. He said, “That is just a really good box, it would be a shame to throw it away.” He was like you know, you could put stuff in it and in my feeble attempt to stay in this conversation, I said “Yeah and you could take stuff out of it”. I couldn’t believe we were having a conversation about how good this box was and how much we needed it and we couldn’t throw it away. THEN….. all of a sudden, it came out of nowhere……the cold cup was touching my foot!! I immediately jumped and squealed! Chris was laughing so hard he could hardly breathe. Come to find out, the whole thing about the box was to get my attention off of the cold cup. He wanted so bad to get me with the cup, that he and I spent five minutes in a conversation about a….box. Way to go babe, I give you mad props, that was smooth!

2 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 3:56 PM, Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

 
At 10/11/2005 9:25 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Funny story! We McKinney's are sly ones...yes, indeedy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home