Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Friday, June 17, 2005

The love of a child

The love of a child is so pure. As I sit in an office and do ‘grown up’ things, I reminisce on my college days when I was a nanny. I babysat for several different families while I was in college and that was my major source of income. I was also a nanny for a family back home in between graduating from Auburn and coming here to start seminary. So….I have had quite extensive experience with children. I do absolutely love them and I haven’t been able to have much opportunity to spend time with children lately…until today! I am so excited to be able to give a gift to a special couple by keeping their children while they go and spend some time together. I hope this is a treat for them, but it is one for me as well!! I love to be around children, but they require so much energy, so I know that I will be exhausted afterwards (my hats off to Emily who does this for a living).

There is something really special about a child crawling up in your lap and laying their head on your shoulder. That will make the hard-hearted instantly melt.

I am a Harrison Ford fan, so I ordered some of his movies from Netflix this week. As I was watching Patriot Games, a line from the movie jumped out at me and has stuck with me all week. Harrison Ford’s character was asked, “In life, what do you know for certain?” to which he replied, “The love of my daughter”

There is just something about the purity of a child’s love that will bring you to your knees.

Go and make a difference in a child’s life today.

3 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 12:19 PM, Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Amen baby,

There is nothing in the world like playing with my nephew. I could have the worst day, people yelling at me, horrible traffic, me screwing things up, but when my nephew said: "Uncle Chris" all of those things went away, and it was time to play. He always loves me, and doesn't care that I am not perfect.

 
At 6/18/2005 8:18 AM, Blogger Sher said...

Sometimes after a long week (like this one for instance) I could just scream if I here "Miss, Miss, Can I have this Miss." Or "Miss Cherry so-and-so hit me." But then there are those times that my kids (from work) just run up to me and give me a big hug and tell me they love me. All of the annoyances, complaining, fighting, and gross kid things are worth that. Especially in the line of work I am in (I work with victims of domestic abuse), for my kids to love and trust me is so rewarding...even if they drive me crazy half of the time!

 
At 6/19/2005 4:42 PM, Blogger Tronster said...

I wil lhave to agree. I love kids, and hopefully god will grant me a blessing of a child. I love hanging out with kids. I hope you are enjoying you babysitting gig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home