Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My Nae

Whew!! It is after four PM and I feel like I am just now breathing for the first time today. I had some major tasks to get done at work, but with the Lord’s help, I completed them all successfully! Wahoo!

Not much is new in Bonnie’s world. I do want to give a shout out to my fellow Bodacious member, Jackalicious! She is leaving for Paris tomorrow and I want her to know that you will be in my prayers and we cannot wait to hear all about what God did in you and through you.

So, every time I get a chance to take a second and read a blog today, I see that fellow bloggers are bragging on their friends, so I think I will join the ranks and do the same.

I would like to feature a very special person in my life that I don’t get to talk to or see nearly enough as my heart would desire. The special person is Eran Denae Johnson (aka my sister). This very special woman is the ripe young age of twenty and yet she is able to connect with people of all ages. Denae is very gifted in working with children because she is willing to get on the floor and roll around with them and not think a second thing of it. One of the qualities that stands out the most and that I admire the most in Denae is her ability to lack all forms of prejudice. She sees everyone equally. This is not always easy for me to do and she is good for me because she shows me how I can be wrong sometimes in this area. Denae will talk to anyone that will talk back to her. She will give you her time and show you the upmost respect no matter who you are, who yo’ daddy is, or what your title is. She is also very creative. She made me a Christmas present this last year that I will cherish for years and years to come. Denae and I dream together. We know deep down in our hearts that we will probably never live in the same town again, but we like to dream about what it would be like to raise our children together and to live in the same neighborhood as we grow old.

I met Denae before she even started high school. She was just a little runt in the youth group and I TRIED to befriend her, but she would have nothing to do with me. Finally, four years later, she was the top dog of the youth group and she allowed me into her life. God brought a trying, miraculous, and amazing situation into our lives so that we could be friends. Our hearts have been blended together ever since then.

Now, my little sister is in love. I cannot believe it! I cannot even imagine what it is going to be like for her to be married. I know that she is in God’s hands and that this is a decision that she would not enter into lightly, but it is hard for me to “let” her go. Denae, you are precious to me and you will always be my little sister even though you are obviously so grown up.

The fun times were amazing and the memories bring me tears and laughter all at the same time. I hope that we will have many more chances to make those lasting memories. You are a part of who I am and I thank you for that. I am a better person because of you.

I hope that all of you will have the blessed chance to meet this amazing woman one day.

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2005 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonnie dashadra! omgoodnessiloveyousomuch! im crying... yes, crying! that makes my heart happy! you think way to highly of me tho...like seriously. im so not that cool! however, you are my hero =) and im going to call you right now!

p.s. your christmas present was pretty dang cool i mean i dont know if i can top taht

 

Post a Comment

<< Home