Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The taps

Well, I had another wonderful evening in my counseling practicum. It is so awesome to finally hear my call from the Lord and then He continually blesses me by affirming to me that I am going down the right road.

We talked some in my class time last night about how people in the counseling field (and in life in general) will tap you on the shoulder and tell you that you are not where you need to be and that you should be one way or the other in your convictions about counseling. This has happened to me A LOT since I have come to seminary. There are some people out there that will go so far as to say that I am not walking with the Lord because of the counseling that I want to do. These people tap me on the shoulder and tell me that I am in sin and will continue to walk in sin if I don’t listen to them. Well, the taps are getting harder and more frequent and they are making bruises. I feel attacked and beaten, but I am being obedient to what the Lord has called me to and I am to answer to Him only.

I know that this does not just happen in the counseling field, does this happen to any of you blog readers?

1 Comments:

At 5/18/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Les and Kimberly said...

Yes, as a matter of fact it does. I don't know why people think that they have to criticize counseling. I totally agree that the Bible is the ultimate authority, but I think some of the techniques are good too. Just keep your head high b/c when God wants us to do something, He tells us. This is God's plan for your life and don't let anyone discourage you.
Bonnie-I read more of your blogs and I am soo happy for you! I am working FT too, so, I know. But I am really enjoying working and not going to school right now. I love having my nights and weekends to do whatever I want with them. which office are you in?? I hope to hear from you! Miss you girl,
Kimberly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home