Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Friday, June 24, 2005

Daddy's little girl

So, my dad is coming into town! Wahoo I am so excited. My dad and I are so much alike in so many ways. I gained my love of sports from my dad. He was my sole caregiver since the age of ten and he instilled in me many things, but one of the most important is that Sportscenter comes before everything else!!

I am able to share this really special experience with some wonderful people, Chris in particular. My dad and Chris are going to meet on Saturday night and I know that they will hit it off immediately.

I am also very anxious for dad to meet my friends. My friends are like my family and I am very excited for dad to meet the very special friends that God has brought into my life this past year. Things for me are so much different this year than they were last year when dad came and I am anxious for him to see all the new things that have happened in my world.

Of course there will be much eating! We plan on eating Mexican, bar-b-que, Chik-fil-A, and many other cuisines. Dad is a big movie-goer, so we have a movie date planned for Sunday. Then, of course we will be making a trip to Ameriquest field to watch the Rangers play the Angels. He leaves on Wednesday morning, so it seems as though his visit is rather short, but that is the way that it has to be.

So, my excitement is hardly containable. I hope that you Fort Worth peeps get a chance to meet my dad.

Peace out and have a great weekend!!

3 Comments:

At 6/24/2005 3:54 PM, Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Hey Babe,
I hope that you have a great time with your Dad. I look forward to meeting him. Now if he is up to the daunting task of meeting me is another story. I promise, I'll do my best to sound like a good ole' red neck boy for ya, cause I know you want your Pappy to have a favorable impression of your new feller.

PS. I want to impress your Dad, so I am going to wear my new Ostrich boots with my shorts on Saturday! And I'll wear that new sleeveless t-shirt too!

 
At 6/24/2005 6:50 PM, Blogger Thomas Winborn said...

I have to have pics of that!

 
At 6/29/2005 10:01 AM, Blogger geo said...

WE ARE NOW REQUESTING A FOLLOWUP POST ABOUT HOW THE WEEKEND/ MEETING WENT :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home