Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Hey, watch this!!

So, I have a great story for you all. You know the best stories always begin with, “Hey watch this…”, well this one is no different.

The setting would be my apartment, late Sunday night. Chris’ youth group was leaving for Youth camp at midnight and we went up to his church to see them off. If you know me at all, you know that I get really tired late at night, which then leads into a high level of goofiness. This is what I was experiencing Sunday night. To preface the story you have to know that I hate bugs, any and all kinds. There are these bugs that are attracted to light here in Texas and they come out at night and gather under porch lights and especially in our laundry area downstairs when folks leave the light on. These bugs are a bronze/brown color and they have a really hard shell. I think they might can fly, but I am not sure. They actually don’t move a whole lot, they just sit there and be all buglike and stuff. Well, as we were walking out of my apartment door, I saw one of these creatures, so I decided that it must die. As soon as I walked through the door, I said to Chris, “Hey watch this!” and then proceeded to kick the bug as hard as I could so that it would fly through the railing of my balcony and plummet to its death. I thought it was pretty funny….until I turned around to see that my neighbors who live right beside me had some company, and they were on the balcony too!! So, they totally saw me make a fool of myself by kicking this bug off the balcony. For those of you that have never been to my apartment, you might not know that I have to walk right past my neighbor’s door in order to get downstairs, so I had to walk through this crowd of people that just saw me make a fool of myself. I about lost it! I could hardly contain my laughter. As soon as I walked past these people who had just gotten an eyeful of stupidness, I burst into laughter, as if they couldn’t hear me once I had passed by them! Ahhhh, I was so embarrassed! I couldn’t keep from laughing though. I was totally laughing at myself, which I hear is a good thing since I don’t take myself too seriously.

Thought you all might enjoy that good story of my retardedness.

3 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean laugh at yourself SOMETIMES? you enjoy hanging out withyourself becuase you think you are SOOOOOO funny.... hahahah COME HOME

 
At 7/06/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger jason7655 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/06/2005 2:51 PM, Blogger jason7655 said...

I just couldn't imagine you laughing like that
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home