Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

To my peeps

Ok, so I am a girl so it is alright for me to be mushy every once and a while, right?? Well, if you don’t agree, then stop reading right now….

I want to take time out to say how grateful I am for all that God has done in my life in the past year. Many of you know that my first year at seminary was really tough. All throughout high school and especially college, I have been surrounded with close friends. I never didn’t have something going on and was constantly busy and social. That changed drastically when I moved to seminary. I was in a church where there was NO ONE my age and so I spent many weekend nights alone in my apartment. How sad L I didn’t realize it until I got out of that situation just how miserable I was. Being alone was a very new situation for me.

My life is so much different now though. I have some very special people in my life who make my day brighter with their laughter and smiles. It thrills my heart when these special people take time out of their lives to come and hang out with me at work. The time that we have together means the world to me. I think that God put me through the tough times of my first year at seminary so that I would appreciate this time so much more. I know what it is like to be without social contact and so the time that I have with these special people is so rewarding.

I have tried to tell these special peeps in the past couple of days just how much they mean to me and how much joy they add to my life, but I really wanted you to know where I was coming from and why you are so special to me.

So, thanks for going over your minutes to talk to me on your phone, thanks for hanging out with me after I get off work on Friday nights, thanks for Saturday lunches, thanks for pool, thanks for being my sounding board, thanks for allowing me into the best girl band/group around, thanks for Chik-fil-A, thanks for Valentines Day dinners, thanks for watching movies at my apt., thanks for making me laugh, thanks for the sarcasm, and most of all THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIEND!!

4 Comments:

At 3/09/2005 11:24 PM, Blogger Thomas Winborn said...

You are MORE THAN welcome, but actually, I am the one blessed by your friendship, by your loyalty, by your compassion, by your realness. You are the blessing Bonnie...YOU are the blessing! Thank you...

 
At 3/10/2005 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here is my comment...know that it is sincere even thoug you threatened my life because i didn't comment yesterday! Thank you so much for the encouragement that you've have heaped on me in the last few months, since we've been friends. You are a wonderful person with great insights, and definately a way at looking at the world that i need to see sometimes (does that make sense?). I'm glad that i can call you a friend. Have a superfun time on your trip...remember superfun, not just fun but super fun!

 
At 3/10/2005 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last one was me...don't exactly know why it showed up anonymous...maybe i just wanted to bring the whole anonymous mystery back into our lives...yeah like we need that!!

 
At 3/22/2005 10:35 AM, Blogger Les and Kimberly said...

I know we haven't hung out much, but I am so glad that we met in Aug. and hung out then! Thanks for letting me go to church with you that Sun. Look at how it has blessed my life. I wish I could come on Sun. and Wed. nights, but we know how that is. (c: Thanks for being a friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home