Auburn Rules

War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer never to yield, War Eagle fearless and true, fight on you Orange and Blue, Go Go Go! On to victory, strike up the band, hit 'em high, hit 'em low, Go tigers go! War Eagle win for AUBURN, power of Dixieland!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Take 'em home Summitt

Ok, so everyone knows that I am an Auburn fan, but what many don’t know, and many don’t understand, is that I am a University of Tennessee fan as well. I know some say that you can’t cheer for both of these teams because they are both in the SEC, but you know what……I am gonna do it anyway!

You see, I was born in Tennessee and grew up a Tennessee fan. My family has had (and still has) season tickets to the Vols football games for over thirty years. My blood runs orange. Well, when I was about fifteen, by blood started to run a slightly different shade of orange. When I started high school, my dad and I moved to Alabama. Upon moving to the state of Alabama, the officials stop you at the border and make you declare your allegiance to either the University of Alabama Crimson Tide or Auburn University’s Tigers. Since I had grown up a Vols fan, we had an immense hatred for Bama, so I chose Auburn. Who knew that I would end up attending Auburn University and falling in love with the school and their traditions.

So, all this to say that I have a strong loyalty to Auburn because I am an alumnus, but I also have a loyalty to Tennessee because I have been going to UT games since I was two years old ( I still have the ticket). So don’t judge me for rooting for both of these teams.

So, now to the exciting news…..My lady Vols are going to the Final Four!!! I love UT girls’ basketball because I love Pat Summitt. When I was younger, I always wanted to play for the Lady Vols. It did not take me long to realize that I am vertically challenged, I have no concept of agility, and I am incredibly slow. So, I have submitted to my incapableness as a basketball player and have settled to be a spectator.

This will be Pat Summitt’s sixteenth time to take the Lady Vols to the final four. We are definitely headed for the championship and I have no doubt that she will lead them to victory. She is one of the greatest coaches of all time and she will be my favorite for years to come.

Go Big Orange!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home